FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
WEIAUSA and USFWE announce their alliance and the establishment of a unified governing body for the development and further promotion of working equitation in the United States, the:
CONFEDERATION FOR WORKING EQUITATION.
The “Confederation,” a Texas nonprofit corporation, is the culmination of the merger process announced in early-2016 by the two founding U.S. working equitation organizations. The strengths of each organization, which include event organization, judging accreditation, high point and medals programs, youth programs, show sponsorship, among others, were considered in creating an alliance that will serve to better facilitate the needs of current and future members
The Confederation’s Executive Board consists of four directors nominated by the boards of the founding organizations: Jill Malone and Amy Star on behalf of USFWE; and Rafael Chavez and Carmen Franco on behalf of WEIAUSA. Tarrin Warren has been named Executive Director.
Committees have been established to manage the day-to-day business of the Confederation under the guidance of the Executive Director and Executive Board. Committee chairs have been appointed as follows:
Rules & Regulations – Chair Jeanne Bond
- Licensed Officials – Chair Dr. Rebecca Yount
- Competitions and Events — Chair Rob Moyar
- Membership – Chair Amy Star
- Medal & High Point Awards / Youth & Amateur – Chair Alicia Little
- Recognized Professionals – TBD
- Compliance & Ethics – Chair Malinda Edwards de Mata
- Marketing & Promotion – Chair Dr. Jill Glasspool Malone
- Sponsorships – Chair Rafael Chavez To ensure the work of the Confederation is guided by the membership, each of these committees will be further staffed with volunteers. Members interested in volunteering for committee-work should contact Executive Director Tarrin Warren.The functions of the founding organizations under the Confederation umbrella have been defined to best utilize the strengths of each organization. Effective immediately, USFWE is responsible for Group Member Organizations (“GM”), volunteers, and the development and election of seven regional representatives. WEIAUSA is responsible for promotion of shows and events, including among others a national championship show and Haras Cup, educational seminars, housing the U.S. national working equitation team, sponsorship and promotion.Membership in the Confederation is offered on an individual and GM basis. Existing active members of each founding organization have been granted membership in the Confederation. New membership cards will be issued. During the transition period, individual Confederation memberships may be obtained through WEIAUSA; and GM memberships may be obtained through USFWE. Horse recording numbers and show licenses will be issued by the Confederation.A judge’s accreditation program has been developed, with a touring judge’s seminar program coinciding with the Spring Festival at Haras Hacienda in Magnolia, Texas. Three additional seminars will be held in various locations throughout the U.S. in 2017, with additional dates added in 2018:
- Mar 14-17 Spring Festival, Haras Hacienda, Magnolia, TX
- May 11-14 Andalusian World East, North Carolina State Fairgrounds, Raleigh, NC
- Sept 21-24 Andalusian World Cup, South Point Hotel & Casino, Las Vegas, NV
- Oct 24 – 29 Americas Cup & Haras Cup, Haras Hacienda, Magnolia, TX
Attendance at a Confederation-recognized judge’s seminar is one of the requirements applicants must complete prior to being considered for Confederation judge accreditation. For more Information please contact Dr. Rebecca Yount, chair of the Licensed Officials Committee.
A Confederation Highpoint Awards Program has been launched to recognize the achievements of rider/horse combinations. The awards are based on points accumulated from individual dressage and EOH average percentage scores, as outlined in the rule book, at each show where all phases are completed. Additionally, a Lifetime Achievement Medal Program has been designed to commemorate scores achieved throughout an individual’s riding career. Members may submit for consideration scores obtained from any WEIAUSA or USFWE show to date, as well as from any future Confederation-recognized show. For additional information please contact Alicia Little, chair of the Medal & High Point Awards Committee.
The transition team responsible for coordination of this important alliance includes: Rafael Chavez, Dr. Jill Malone, Dr. Rebecca Yount, Tarrin Warren, Carmen Franco, Malinda Edwards de Mata, Rob Moyar, Alicia Little, Jeanne Bond and Amy Star. It is with a great deal of excitement and anticipation that the team presents the Confederation for Working Equitation and its unified programs, which will ensure the continued successful development of the sport for the body of working equitation enthusiasts.
For additional information contact:
Executive Director, Confederation for Working Equitation email@example.com
You may view the Confederation website at: www.confederationwe.us