Marketing sure has changed over the past 10 years.
Television advertising used to be the ultimate stream, and for those with shallower pockets, radio advertising.
These days, with thousands of TV channels, and streaming services like HULU, Amazon, and Netflix, reaching your target market is harder than it has ever been.
Internet marketing can be an effective way, but how do you stand out from the thousands of websites presenting the same message?
– Not only is a personal or business website a great way to showcase your ranch, product, or service, but it is essential in this day and age.
– Greater than 86% of people in North America will perform online research on products prior to purchase (Is your site as good, and up to date, as it could be?).
– “Mobile Compliant”. With mobile devices now leading the pack for internet traffic, it is not only imperative that your site be mobile compatible, but Google will also discredit your site if it is not.
– SEO: What is it and how does it work? Basically, SEO is based on format and information that your site/pages display. Is the content cohesive and relevant? Does it link to outside relevant sites?
– Links: Links are like a spider web; Your network. They work both ways, incoming and outgoing, to prove the relevance and “stature” of your site. The more credible the link, the higher you rate.
So why are some sites very successful and others, let’s say…..lacking?
Content and Exposure!
Let’s take a look and AndalusianWorld, for example.
The site receives well over 600,000 viewers from 181 countries, providing an encyclopedia of brands (the brand bank), a free online magazine, show coverage and information, an international events calendar, industry news, and much more.
The site content, and that of its magazine, are relative to the industry, with links to and from businesses relevant to the breed.
Up to date information creates a presence, not only for the readers, but for the search engines.
-Take advantage of the sites and media that have a presence in your industry through advertising and links. Have your website, and promotional materials UP TO DATE so that when the traffic comes in, you have content worth viewing and coming back for.
-Get Involved! Support the local and national shows. Let people know that you exist. Write and share stories with magazines/sites.
-Share: Enlighten others with content that you find on social media. Share information, shows, pictures. If your site is linked to your profile, this too will help your ratings.
Don’t be afraid to ask for help!